Santa Maria Public Library
City of Santa Maria
City /County Location:
Santa Maria, California/Santa Barbara County
A new 60,000-sq.-ft., two-story public library and parking structure.
- A two-phase electrical design included streetscape, parking structure, plazas and fountains.
- Interior indirect/direct lighting, power.
- Communications and fire alarm design.
- Relocation of a large intracity telecommunications infrastructure to make way for new structure.
Special Feature or Interesting Aspects of Project:
- Aesthetically sophisticated lighting design and control system.
- Designed to meet California Office of State Library
- PG&E “Savings By Design” award for energy conservation well beyond California energy standards.